Morning Rpeort 4/25/2012
Published: April 25,2012
Time posted: 10:22 am
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Senate sends fireworks bill to governor, Hot Dish Politics
- Move to limit state worker pay, benefit increases advances in House, News Cut
- Dayton vetoes E-Verify bill, Hot Dish Politics
- DFL CD2 endorsement has to be now & has to be supported, mnpACT!
- GOP accuses unions of dragging their feet on state contracts, Hot Dish Politics
- June primary efforts fizzle, Capitol View
- Senate turns back effort to ban payments to ‘pray the gay away’ therapy, Hot Dish Politics
- Paul captures 20 of 24 Minnesota delegates in CD conventions, Hot Air
- Minneapolis’ $150 million Vikings stadium contribution costs $675 million, The Deets
- Both parties look for legislative wins, Capitol Chatter
- Minnesota, the Paul factor & the coming counterrevolution, Let Freedom Ring
- Does mysterious polling in MN-07 signal more mayhem for Republican Party of Minnesota?, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Duluth unemployment rate remains seasonally higher despite job gains, Duluth News Tribune 4/24/12 1:03 p.m.
- Bachmann challenger Jim Graves: ‘We can win this thing’, MPR
- Ron Paul backers to dominate Minn.’s RNC delegation, MPR
- Republicans add Cravaack to incumbent support program, MinnPost 4/24/12 10:13 a.m.
- GOP officials have mixed views on calling another 1st District convention, Rochester Post-Bulletin 4/24/12 9:20 a.m.
- Gunyou takes a run at Three Rivers park board, Star Tribune 4/24/12 8:38 p.m.
- Senate candidate: Klobuchar out of touch with how economy has affected people, Marshall Independent
- DFLers endorse Schultz, Rosenfield, McNamar in District 12, Alexandria Echo Press 4/25/12 12:00 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Rep. Kline fights Obama’s bid to cap student loan interest, Star Tribune 4/25/12 6:16 a.m.
- U of M President Eric Kaler takes first trip to Iron Range, MinnPost 4/24/12 9:46 a.m.
- Duluth School Board approves plans for levy referendum, Duluth News Tribune 4/24/12 10:10 p.m.
- BWCA haze-reduction plan approved amid criticism, Star Tribune 4/24/12 4:40 p.m.
- Another bighead carp found in St. Croix, Star Tribune 4/24/12 9:41 a.m.
- Invasive carp caught near Prescott, WCCO 4/24/12 5:01 p.m.
- Spread of ash borer in Minnesota slower than expected, Star Tribune 4/24/12 10:58 p.m.
- Biofuel project gets enviro exemption, AP
- Report shows dirty air at dangerous levels in Twin Cities, Star Tribune 4/25/12 8:10 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Dakota County board approves redistricting, Pioneer Press 4/24/12 10:28 p.m.
- Sibley County vote paves way for broadband project, Mankato Free Press
- YMC adopts redistricting plan, Marshall Independent
- St. Louis County Board adopts new district boundaries, Duluth News Tribune 4/25/12 12:00 a.m.
- County sets frac sand fee, Winona Daily News 4/25/12 12:00 a.m.
- Public hearings draw big crowds, Alexandria Echo Press 4/25/12 12:00 a.m.
- Olmsted County seeks new power line route, Rochester Post-Bulletin 4/25/12 7:52 a.m.
- Minnesota’s talks with unions continue; contracts expired nearly 10 months ago, Pioneer Press 4/24/12 4:25 p.m.
- NLRB ruling favors 6 fired at Jimmy John’s, AP
- House bill restores some of last year’s human services cuts, MPR
- House votes to name Lester as state soil, AP
- Senate committee approves stadium plan, MPR
- State soil in omnibus ag bill going to the governor, Session Daily
- Rep. Murray speaks about stadium, Albert Lea Tribune 4/24/12 9:25 a.m.
- State’s talks with unions ongoing, Pioneer Press 4/24/12 11:18 p.m.
- Horse racing drug limits may change, Session Daily
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Joe Repya: End of the state GOP as we know it?, Star Tribune 4/24/12 8:04 p.m.
- Jon Tevlin: Responsibility: Bill comes due for state GOP, Star Tribune 4/24/12 11:02 p.m.
- Jason Marisam: The moral case against the Vikings stadium, MinnPost 4/25/12 5:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: St. Paul fights for a fair shake in Minnesota Vikings stadium tussle, Pioneer Press 4/24/12 6:13 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Fairview drops bill collector after AG probe alleges violations, Star Tribune 4/24/12 3:37 p.m.
- Minneapolis City Council votes 7-6 for Vikings stadium plan, Star Tribune 4/24/12 9:07 p.m.
- Vikings stadium plan takes on an ‘air of inevitability’, Star Tribune 4/25/12 7:01 a.m.
- Vikings stadium heads for final committee, West Central Tribune 4/25/12 12:00 a.m.
- Old cross-town rivalries surface as St. Paul makes ‘fairness’ pitch at stadium hearing, MinnPost 4/24/12 4:30 p.m.
- Here’s the Minneapolis City Council’s pro-Vikings-stadium resolution, MinnPost 4/24/12 3:05 p.m.
- Vikings stadium momentum leaves critics disarmed, AP 4/24/12 7:31 p.m.
- Ramsey County: Was county DFL chief ousted over stadium?, Pioneer Press 4/24/12 11:12 p.m.
- If there’s a Viking hearing, Larry Spooner will be there, WCCO 4/24/12 5:24 p.m.
- New light rail cars will be more Minnesota-friendly, Finance and Commerce 4/24/12 4:07 p.m.
- Launch of Cedar BRT may slide into 2013, Star Tribune 4/24/12 9:37 p.m.
Z-FILE: IRRESISTIBLE STORIES BEYOND THE PURVIEW OF PIM