Morning Report 4/9/2012
Published: April 9,2012
Time posted: 9:37 am
- Senate racino push at apparent dead end 4/6/12 2:02 p.m.
- Some key endorsing conventions still lie ahead 4/6/12 1:57 p.m.
- Bonding, tax bills face tough going ahead of a hoped-for late April adjournment 4/6/12 2:01 p.m.
- David Strom: Voter ID is necessary to protect franchise 4/6/12 1:41 p.m.
- Judge tosses Dayton’s unionization order 4/6/12 12:58 p.m.
- Dane Smith and Amy Lange: Minnesota could chart its own way to universal health care 4/4/12 11:39 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Carlson-appointed judge throws out Dayton executive order, Let Freedom Ring
- Key DFL Women Endorse Sharon Sund, MN Progressive Project
- Anderson internal poll shows tight, volatile DFL race in MN-8, Minnesota Brown
- Dean to Dayton: Help us screw renters, or the economy gets it, MN Publius
- Emo Senator: Petulant veteran lashes out at totally innocent Parry for stadium funding bill, Bluestem Prairie
- How much proof of voter fraud will it require?, Let Freedom Ring
- Power ungrabbed, Shot in the Dark
- Judge shuts down Dayton’s forced unionization of independent day-care workers, Hot Air
- Made ALEC man Drazkowski captures attention of outdoors community in the worst possible way, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
CONGRESS – HOUSE
CRIME / POLICE
- New law throws Minneapolis police oversight in turmoil, Star Tribune 4/6/12 9:22 p.m.
- Franken, Dayton and Kaler to hold college affordability forum with students at U of M, MinnPost
- Franken, Dayton lead higher-ed cost meeting, MPR
- Proposed teachers contract raises Mpls. in-class time a bit, Star Tribune 4/8/12 9:54 p.m.
- Do Minnesota schools need more counselors?, Pioneer Press 4/7/12 10:57 p.m.
- U’s trove of census data stands alone in the world, Star Tribune 4/8/12 9:00 p.m.
- Minnesota voter ID: The devil may be in the details, Mankato Free Press
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Does an Eden Prairie resident serve on the Emily City Council?, MinnPost
- Five north-metro cities explore joint firefighting, Star Tribune 4/8/12 8:33 a.m.
- Minnesota legislators inching closer to stalemate, Star Tribune 4/8/12 8:08 a.m.
- ‘Wolf is a brother to original man’, Alexandria Echo Press 4/7/12 10:43 a.m.
- Legislators: State should have backup plan for health care law, MPR
- GOP shrinks from some union battles in Midwest, AP
- What’s in the Minnesota lawmakers’ done column so far?, Pioneer Press 4/7/12 10:50 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Keep hands off reserve funds, Winona Daily News 4/8/12 12:00 a.m.
- Editorial: The Minnesota Legislature’s progress on business so far, Pioneer Press 4/7/12 5:04 p.m.
- Editorial: State ought to pay back the local schools, Albert Lea Tribune 4/6/12 10:23 a.m.
- Koenen is best for Dist. 20 Senate, West Central Tribune 4/7/12 12:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Police arrest about 15 Occupy protesters after they marched through downtown Minneapolis, Star Tribune 4/7/12 11:55 p.m.
- Several OccupyMN protesters arrested, MPR
- Occupy protesters in downtown Mpls. allege police brutality, Star Tribune 4/9/12 6:34 a.m.
- Witness’ credibility in dispute in sex trafficking trial, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Mpls. ponders best way to spend extra $6M, MPR
- Liquor store seen as anchor for W. Broadway in Minneapolis, Star Tribune 4/8/12 8:50 p.m.
- Hoping to ride out light-rail construction, Star Tribune 4/8/12 6:49 p.m.
- Despite Mpls. wage freeze, bureau head gets $23,025 bonus, raise, Star Tribune 4/9/12 6:08 a.m.