Morning Report 4/6/2012
Published: April 6,2012
Time posted: 9:33 am
- MN House passes omnibus environment bill 4/5/12 11:34 p.m.
- The Paper Trail: DHS responses to federal Medicaid probe 4/5/12 2:09 p.m.
- GOP Rep. Keith Downey to run for SD 49 4/5/12 11:25 a.m.
- Dayton vetoes school shift payback bill 4/5/12 11:08 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Mary Kiffmeyer debunks liberals’ Photo ID myths with statistics, Let Freedom Ring
- Threats to ‘every US citizen should be able to vote’, MN Progressive Project
- Governor Dayton vetoes Legislature’s plan to use reserves to buy back school shift, MN Budget Bites
- Dayton vetoes GOP school repayment plan, Capitol Chatter
- Voter ID amendment is about vote suppression, MN Progressive Project
- Senate to restart ethics deliberations against Michel after break, Hot Dish Politics
- Bonding bill as bargaining chip, Capitol View
- Jim Arlt seeks seat in the Minnesota House representing 58B, MN Dem
- Ron Paul, Kurt Bills, Pete Hegseth, turf wars, all eyes on the prize, Residual Forces
- Senjem: No plans to move forward on racino, Hot Dish Politics
- How is Michael Brodkorb like an English crumpet?, The Cucking Stool
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Resort owners have mixed feelings about plans for earlier Minnesota fishing opener, Duluth News Tribune 4/5/12 8:37 a.m.
- Truck driver training is over, but St. Paul can’t assess success, Star Tribune 4/5/12 9:00 p.m.
- Gaylord seeking DFL endorsement to challenge Kline for Congress, Pioneer Press 4/5/12 12:35 p.m.
- Lee Byberg gears up to take his second shot at Peterson, MinnPost 4/5/12 10:22 a.m.
- New District 8 holds convention, Alexandria Echo Press 4/6/12 12:00 a.m.
- Dayton vetoes school payback; calls bill irresponsible, MPR
- Dayton vetoes GOP-backed bill to reimburse public schools, Pioneer Press 4/5/12 8:42 p.m.
- Dayton signs a bill that weakens Civilian Review Authority, Star Tribune 4/5/12 6:08 p.m.
- St. Paul schools to boost spending $27 million to support achievement plan, Pioneer Press 4/5/12 6:30 p.m.
- Bois Forte chairman faces familiar foe in general race, Duluth News Tribune 4/6/12 12:00 a.m.
- Minnesota builders warn energy-code changes would raise price of homes, MinnPost 4/5/12 9:06 a.m.
- At U of M-Morris, alternative energy on par with low-priced fossil fuels, MPR
- Bonding bill in doubt this session, MPR
- GOP-controlled House passes environmental bill largely along party lines, Pioneer Press 4/5/12 5:35 p.m.
- Sen. Miller to sponsor bill to fund Vikings stadium, Winona Daily News 4/5/12 12:42 p.m.
- Legislation would keep mental health facility operating for near future, West Central Tribune 4/6/12 12:00 a.m.
- Lawmakers get Dayton bill to arm prosecutors, AP
- Fireworks bill changed to address concerns, MPR
- Brodkorb warns Senate he plans to sue for $500,000, Star Tribune 4/6/12 5:11 a.m.
- Lawmakers struggling to find common ground on Minnesota bonding bill, West Central Tribune 4/6/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Julie Blaha: Keep teacher seniority, Star Tribune 3/5/12 8:39 p.m.
- Dennis Anderson: In House, clueless lead clueless on outdoors issues, Star Tribune 4/6/12 6:50 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Dayton shouldn’t veto teacher tenure bill, Star Tribune 3/5/12 6:51 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- In Anoka County, aid to hungry wins award, Star Tribune 3/5/12 7:21 p.m.
- Number of crypto cases linked to Northland water parks continues to rise, Duluth News Tribune 4/5/12 11:34 a.m.
- Final Tab: $24M in child support cases wrongly closed, KSTP 4/5/12 5:13 p.m.
- Sex trafficking trial faces series of delays, AP
- End in sight for Hennepin County mortgage fraud cases, Star Tribune 4/5/12 11:31 p.m.
- White Earth tribe offers $400M toward stadium in exchange for new casino, MPR
- Chamber of Commerce voices support for stadium, MPR
- Vikings stadium bill presses on in House, AP
- Vikings stadium: White Earth Nation dangles $400 million carrot, Pioneer Press 4/5/12 8:29 p.m.
- Could Sabo bridge reopen soon?, Finance and Commerce 4/5/12 4:20 p.m.
- MnDOT announces 316 road projects around the state, MPR
- Puttin’ down pavement: $1.1B in MnDOT projects, Star Tribune 4/5/12 8:58 p.m.