Morning Report 4/30/2012
Published: April 30,2012
Time posted: 9:42 am
- Dayton vetoes fireworks bill 4/29/12 11:42 a.m.
- Tax conferees reach deal on omnibus bill 4/28/12 11:45 p.m.
- MN Senate approves bill to boost horse racing business 4/28/12 8:39 p.m.
- Former Rep. Mike Obermueller wins DFL endorsement in CD2 4/28/12 4:00 p.m.
- Hoped-for Monday adjournment prospects stall 4/28/12 3:57 p.m.
- Hall wins GOP nod for Gerlach SD57 seat 4/28/12 1:25 p.m.
- DeKruif doesn’t deny reconsidering retirement, Rosen challenge 4/28/12 11:50 a.m.
- Senjem on bonding: ‘I don’t know how we get there at this point’ 4/28/12 11:37 a.m.
- Vikings bill passes Taxes committee by a single vote 4/27/12 11:05 p.m.
- The 10 days that upended the stadium debate 4/27/12 3:51 p.m.
- Federal Medicaid hearing highlights Minnesota allegations 4/27/12 3:50 p.m.
- Photos: The Week That Was at the Capitol 4/27/12 3:42 p.m.
- Meanwhile, outside the spotlight 4/27/12 3:31 p.m.
- Phil Krinkie: How do you spell ‘success’? 4/27/12 3:22 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- C’mon GOP Leg: Where is the evidence? Where is the proof?, mnpACT!
- Arne Carlson ignores Minnesota’s Constitution, Let Freedom Ring
- Game and fish bill on its way to governor, Capitol View
- Peterson, Walz break party line, vote for Republican student loan bill, Hot Dish Politics
- Steve Drazkowski sets charitable gaming issue straight, Let Freedom Ring
- Sen. John Marty: Vikings stadium subsidy comes to $77.30 per ticket, The Deets
- Vikings to Plot of Land East of Metrodome XII – Chicken, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- The nanny state squelches fireworks rights, Power Line
- Chip Cravaack by the numbers, Let Freedom Ring
- There was some good news…, Shot in the Dark
- Spectre of failed burrito baron haunts GOP as authorities scrutinize Count Them All Properly, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Small Internet providers fading, Star Tribune 4/29/12 11:36 a.m.
- GOP firm’s ‘CEOs’ in the dark, Star Tribune 4/29/12 7:55 a.m.
- DFL endorses Obermueller to take on GOP Rep. Kline, Rochester Post-Bulletin 4/28/12 7:23 p.m.
- Obermueller wins DFL endorsement to challenge Kline, Pioneer Press 4/29/12 12:34 a.m.
- Republicans still deciding how 1st District convention will proceed, Mankato Free Press
- GOP state convention: short of cash but plenty of Paul delegates, MinnPost
- Savick endorsed as DFL District 27A candidate, Albert Lea Tribune 4/29/12 3:12 p.m.
- Northland Lutherans oppose Minnesota marriage amendment, Duluth News Tribune 4/30/12 12:00 a.m.
- Dayton signs health and human services bill, MPR
- Dayton signs bill that shifts oversight of school trust lands, Pioneer Press 4/29/12 12:34 a.m.
- Dayton vetoes fireworks bill, citing hazards, Star Tribune 4/28/12 11:57 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Commissioners host redistricting hearing Tuesday, New Ulm Journal
- All quiet at the Capitol as tough decision day looms, Pioneer Press 4/29/12 10:37 p.m.
- Speaker stalls stadium vote, citing lack of House support, MPR
- Vikings stadium caught in Capitol stare down, Star Tribune 4/29/12 9:33 p.m.
- Legislators are stuck on taxes, bonds and Vikings, Star Tribune 4/29/12 12:34 a.m.
- GOP lawmakers stuck on Vikings stadium issue, MPR
- Vikings stadium bill moves to full Senate, MPR
- Senate Oks bill enhancing Minn. racetracks card games, giving tribal casinos simulcast power, AP 4/28/12 10:34 p.m.
- Lawmakers want game-tied stadium taxes, AP
- Worries about ‘the other guy’ could doom Minnesota legislative session — and stadium, MinnPost 4/29/12 6:41 p.m.
- In Legislature, proposals just don’t die, Alexandria Echo Press
- Legislators meet with Dayton on Highway 14, Mankato Free Press
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Lori Sturdevant: Stadiums may seem inevitable, and yet …, Star Tribune 4/28/12 7:03 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Senior legislators show their worth, Star Tribune 4/29/12 7:30 p.m.
- Editorial: No good reason to wait on reform of teacher layoff rules, Pioneer Press 4/28/12 4:09 p.m.
- Numbers fail to support claims of Cravaack’s critics, Duluth News Tribune 4/29/12 12:00 a.m.
- Editorial: Invest now with eye on region’s future, Star Tribune 4/28/12 7:01 p.m.
- Editorial: Dolan steadied city’s police force, Star Tribune 4/27/12 10:29 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Homelessness rising dramatically in Twin Cities suburbs, Star Tribune 4/29/12 8:06 p.m.
- Allina Health launches healthy neighborhoods program, MPR
- State’s immigration tide shifts back to Mexico, Star Tribune 4/29/12 8:44 p.m.
- Even in the ER, Fairview patients faced bill collectors, Star Tribune 4/29/12 9:35 a.m.
- Accretive says it’s working to address Minnesota concerns, Star Tribune 4/29/12 4:35 p.m.
- St. Paul Police shoot bear in Frogtown neighborhood, Star Tribune 4/29/12 5:29 p.m.
- Minneapolis murder trial rallies transgender community, MPR
- St. Croix River bridge: Muck sucks up money for project, Pioneer Press 4/28/12 11:50 p.m.