NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- GOPers question Vikings financing, pitch new taxes 4/26/12 9:46 a.m.
- It’s 11 a.m. on Thursday; do you know where your Vikings bill is? 4/26/12 11:09 a.m.
- Dayton vetoes abortion licensure bill 4/26/12 2:57 p.m.
- Dayton, legislative leaders continue talks on tax and bonding bills 4/26/12 4:04 p.m.
- House passes nurse compact bill 4/26/12 9:34 p.m.
- LIFO, Legacy measures clear House 4/26/12 11:51 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Arne Carlson asks when Minnesota handed voting over to Mary Kiffmeyer, MN Progressive Project
- CD2 Endorsing Convention on Saturday – Need Some Final Answers, mnpACT!
- Dayton vetoes abortion clinic licensing bill, Hot Dish Politics
- Tax talk trumps stadium hearing, Capitol Chatter
- Franken vows to investigate Accretive Health, Capitol View
- GOP group opposes gambling expansion for stadium, Hot Dish Politics
- GOP: No new revenue…except when Vikings are involved, mnpACT!
- Hunting and fishing fees to increase under Game and Fish bill, Capitol View
- Play Misty For Me, Part IV: Promises Carved In Sand, Shot in the Dark
- Emo Senator: Will CD1 Republican rules make Mike Parry or Allen Quist a June bride?, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Ethanol plant lists first-quarter loss as subsidy ends, MPR
- Former deans file whistleblower lawsuits against Globe University, MPR
- House District 28B: Davids unopposed; Tschumper and Archer vie for DFL nod, Winona Daily News 4/27/12 12:00 a.m.
- Miller, Krage seek District 28 endorsements, Winona Daily News 4/27/12 12:00 a.m.
- Date of GOP endorsing convention unresolved, New Ulm Journal
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Al Franken, invoking Paul and Sheila Wellstone, weeps on Senate floor, Politico
- Franken: Bill could keep rural post offices open, MPR
CRIME / POLICE
- Dolan setting standard for his replacement as Minneapolis police chief, Star Tribune 4/26/12 7:41 p.m.
- Abortion clinic registration bill gets Dayton veto, MinnPost 4/26/12 2:31 p.m.
- Gov. vetoes abortion facility license fees, AP
- Who’s competing to become Crookston chancellor, Star Tribune 4/26/12 9:55 a.m.
- Invasive species bill targets Minnesota boaters, Star Tribune 4/26/12 9:34 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- South St. Paul City’s parks commission pushes referendum for improvements, Pioneer Press 4/26/12 8:36 p.m.
- Douglas County commissioners approve redistricting plan, Alexandria Echo Press 4/27/12 12:00 a.m.
- Senate passes Legacy spending overwhelmingly, Pioneer Press 4/26/12 8:36 p.m.
- First graders stymied by state legislators, Star Tribune 4/26/12 8:29 p.m.
- A colorful, bipartisan tribute to DFL Rep. Kate Knuth, MinnPost 4/26/12 2:37 p.m.
- Vikings sidelined for tax, bonding bills, Star Tribune 4/26/12 10:01 p.m.
- Tying together gambling, stadium a dicey prospect for lawmakers, MPR
- Will rank and file lawmakers support the stadium?, MPR
- Small group of legislative leaders working on compromises, Mankato Free Press
- Little support for stadium among Minneapolis lawmakers, MPR
- Special legislation for Kandiyohi County finds itself in limbo, West Central Tribune 4/27/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Mike Dean: Voter ID — what lurks in Minnesota’s proposed amendment, Pioneer Press 4/27/12 12:01 a.m.
- Todd Klingel, Matt Kramer: Southwest Twin Cities needs light rail to support private sector job growth, Pioneer Press 4/27/12 12:01 a.m.
- Stephanie Podulke: In Olmsted County, there are many kinds of poverty, Rochester Post-Bulletin 4/26/12 10:25 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: State hit hard over Medicaid missteps, Star Tribune 4/26/12 9:21 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Tax credit at risk for low-income housing, Finance and Commerce 4/26/12 4:35 p.m.
- Red Lake tribal officials frustrated by dispute that keeps detention center empty, unused, MPR
- At least 100 ticketed in anti-distracted driving campaign, Pioneer Press 4/26/12 10:49 p.m.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul airport terminal reopens after suspicious bag prompts evacuation, AP 4/27/12 8:03 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Minneapolis council could override Peavey Plaza demolition delay, MinnPost 4/26/12 4:58 p.m.
- Public on hook for Vikings stadium overruns, Star Tribune 4/26/12 11:21 p.m.
- Vikings stadium: St. Paul presses for piece of the pie, Pioneer Press 4/26/12 9:14 p.m.
- Panel review could sway Council stadium support, Star Tribune 4/26/12 11:57 p.m.
- Bridge project may be greatest show on I-35E, Finance and Commerce 4/27/12 7:35 a.m.