NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Vikings stadium: A reversal of fortune? 4/15/12 5:18 p.m.
- In CD 2, new map spawns new hope for DFLers 4/25/12 5:19 p.m.
- Deputy Corrections Commissioner David Crist is retiring after more than three decades with the agency 4/25/12 5:15 p.m.
- Stephen B. Young: The leadership vacuum: It’s worse than you think 4/25/12 5:11 p.m.
- Sen. Kathy Sheran: Don’t blame Dayton for ‘do-nothing’ Legislature 4/25/12 5:08 p.m.
- Law extends design-build construction program 4/25/12 5:02 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Legislator birthplaces 4/25/12 4:59 p.m.
- Racino gets amended into Vikings stadium bill 4/25/12 5:57 p.m.
- Minnesota farmer: Stop the growing reliance on crop insurance, Bloomberg News 4/25/12 6:25 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Legislature restores some HHS funding, MN Progressive Project
- John Kline won’t listen to Romney on student loans, mnpACT!
- Dayton receives views from both sides on fireworks bill, Hot Dish Politics
- Willmar Community Behavioral Health Facility in hands of Governor Dayton, Rep. Bruce Vogel
- Osskopp: Its over, Ron Paul …. er Kurt Bills has 150% or something, Residual Forces
- Vikings stadium plan moves ahead, but now includes racino, Hot Dish Politics
- Did Senate kill Vikings’ stadium bill?, Let Freedom Ring
- When a gift of Minneapolis property taxpayer money is not a gift, The Deets
- Drazkowski is outraged that state workers want benefits for their families, MN Publius
- Cat flees bag at College Republican event; GOP legislators’ embrace Bradlee Dean’s values, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Contractors seek panel for state shutdown claims, Finance and Commerce 4/26/12 7:25 a.m.
- Lindau Lane to be rebuilt as part of MOA expansion, Star Tribune 4/25/12 8:15 p.m.
- Kurt Bills gains advantage for GOP Senate endorsement, MinnPost 4/25/12 10:06 a.m.
- Sen. Reinert to announce re-election campaign plans, Duluth News Tribune 4/26/12 12:00 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Kline will vote to cap interest on student loans, Star Tribune 4/25/12 10:05 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Franken’s push to allow Canadian drugs falls short, Star Tribune 4/25/12 9:04 p.m.
CRIME / POLICE
- Minneapolis police chief to step down at year’s end, Star Tribune 4/25/12 11:19 p.m.
- Dayton says he won’t negotiate on LIFO, MinnPost 4/25/12 1:58 p.m.
- Le Sueur bioenergy plant doesn’t need environmental study, Mankato Free Press
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Winona County creates ‘model’ fee for hauling silica sand, Rochester Post-Bulletin 4/25/12 10:50 a.m.
- Jesson gets bipartisan grilling in Congress, MPR
- Congressional panel grills DHS Commissioner Lucinda Jesson on state Medicaid spending, MinnPost 4/25/12 2:08 p.m.
- Hospitals tread fine line in pressing patients for money, Star Tribune 4/25/12 9:46 a.m.
- AWA Goodhue wind project lands in appellate court, Rochester Post-Bulletin 4/25/12 7:37 p.m.
- Crystal reaches contract deal with Montana workers; workers in ND, MN and Iowa remain locked out, AP 4/26/12 7:42 a.m.
- Legislators look for path to finish session, MPR
- Sen. committee adds racino plan as it approves stadium bill, MPR
- Benson fights the use of gambling money for Vikings stadium, Rochester Post-Bulletin 4/25/12 6:20 p.m.
- Local legislators weigh in on Vikings stadium bill progress, Mankato Free Press
- Will rank and file lawmakers support the stadium?, MPR
- Chris Coleman asks senators to keep St. Paul alive, Star Tribune 4/25/12 9:40 p.m.
- Little learners ride stadium bandwagon, Star Tribune 4/25/12 4:36 p.m.
- Legislature OKs new oversight for state school trust lands, Pioneer Press 4/25/12 8:48 p.m.
- Tillberry questions Dayton on URS Corp., MPR
- Bill to bring transparency to public bodies appears stalled, Pioneer Press 4/25/12 11:21 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Conrad DeFiebre: A real prosperity catalyst: the Southwest LRT project, MinnPost 4/26/12 5:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: End the secrecy in public settlements, Star Tribune 4/25/12 7:41 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Hope and hurdles in rebuilding north Minneapolis, Finance and Commerce 4/25/12 4:49 p.m.
- Racinos, St. Paul add new drama to Vikings stadium proposal, Star Tribune 4/26/12 6:24 a.m.
- Vikings players hit Capitol, stadium bill clears Senate Finance Committee, AP 4/25/12 7:22 p.m.
- Council’s ‘Gang of Seven’ backs Minneapolis’ stadium plan, MinnPost 4/25/12 10:40 a.m.
- Vikings stadium: Senate panel adds ‘racino’ to bill, complicating support, Pioneer Press 4/26/12 12:17 a.m.
- Peterson, other players draw Capitol crowd, Alexandria Echo Press 4/26/12 7:20 a.m.
- USI Wi-Fi upgrade will add speed, for some in Minneapolis, Star Tribune 4/25/12 9:36 p.m.