NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Vikings Stadium: The long goodbye 4/18/12 4:16 p.m.
- Few flashpoints as HHS omnibus bill takes shape 4/18/12 4:13 p.m.
- Parry / Quist endorsement race appears close 4/18/12 4:17 p.m.
- DHS Commissioner Jesson will testify at congressional hearing on Medicaid spending 4/18/12 5:00 p.m.
- Dane Smith: Closing the skills gap in the Phillips neighborhood 4/18/12 4:10 p.m.
- David Schultz: The incredible shrinking Minnesota Legislature 4/18/12 4:08 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Redistricting winners 4/18/12 4:00 p.m.
- Rep. Dean Urdahl faces wrath of stadium supporters (despite voting in favor of bill) 4/18/12 12:14 p.m
- Bills rolls out House GOP support at Capitol 4/18/12 9:41 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Koenen takes Senate oath, Hot Dish Politics
- Dayton talking with the NFL about Vikings stadium impasse, Capitol View
- Vikings stadium plan in Arden Hills gets dusted off, Hot Dish Politics
- Bagley is Vikings enforcer?, Let Freedom Ring
- Minnesota races targeted by DCCC, MN Progressive Project
- Ortman requests review of family court cases, Brick City Blog
- Dayton signs bill to protect vulnerable adults, Capitol Chatter
- No real reason, Shot in the Dark
- District 51: Mike Maguire Looking For A Primary, mnpACT!
- Bakk says DFL will put up Senate stadium votes, Capitol View
- Kent Kaiser lying about Voter ID amendment in Pioneer Press, MN Progressive Project
- ‘Apples to apples’ comparison finds recent state general fund spending growth is modest, MN Budget Bites
- Is MnSCU overfunded?, Let Freedom Ring
- Emmer: Does this mean everything is all good now?, True North
- Mary Franson so doesn’t give a hoot if you know she’s totally infuriated by civic celebration, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Macalester student mounts campaign for state House seat in St. Paul, MinnPost 4/18/12 12:39 p.m.
- Dayton: Negotations with GOP going south, MPR
- Dayton wants up-or-down stadium vote in Legislature, MPR
- Eagle count critical for Red Wing wind farm permit, Star Tribune 4/18/12 9:44 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- New Brighton to withdraw from East Metro SWAT Team, Sun Newspapers 4/18/12 1:53 p.m.
- Anoka-Hennepin Board accepts Tingelstad’s resignation, plans to appoint replacement, Sun Newspapers 4/18/12 1:39 p.m.
- Human Services commissioner to testify before Congress on Medicaid, MPR
- Minnesota commissioner to testify before U.S. House hearing over HMO payment, Pioneer Press 4/18/12 9:36 p.m.
- Hearing held in Avera Marshall lawsuit, Marshall Independent
- Senate’s legal deal remains secret, AP
- Abortion restriction bills advance at Capitol, MPR
- Legislature wades into abortion fray, Star Tribune 4/18/12 9:50 p.m.
- House immigration bill aims at cities, MPR
- Area senators critique MnDOT corridor plan, Mankato Free Press
- MnDOT policy on Highway 14 draws ire of legislators, New Ulm Journal
- Koenen moves from House to Senate, West Central Tribune 4/19/12 7:00 a.m.
- Who’s dumber on the Vikings stadium: Dean Urdahl or Jim Souhan?, MinnPost 4/18/12 1:35 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- David Grant: Minnesota Vikings stadium — there’s still time for a win-win-win in Arden Hills, Pioneer Press 4/18/12 6:26 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: A bipartisan failure on stadium vote, Star Tribune 4/18/12 6:50 p.m.
- Editorial: Agency plods on consumer info law, Star Tribune 4/17/12 9:32 p.m.
- Don’t unravel overdue civil-service changes in Duluth, Duluth News Tribune 4/19/12 12:00 a.m.
- Met Council sees boost from immigration, Finance and Commerce 4/18/12 5:17 p.m.
- Metro area will take on new face, Star Tribune 4/19/12 5:25 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Screenings at suburban Hennepin courts start on Monday, Star Tribune 4/18/12 8:21 p.m.
- Vulnerable Minnesotans protection bill now law, MPR
- Minnesota FoodShare reports record March campaign, AP
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Can Stadium District emerge from shadows?, Finance and Commerce 4/18/12 4:59 p.m.
- Arts center seen as alternative to Saints ballpark in Lowertown, Pioneer Press 4/18/12 11:17 p.m.
- NFL warning of sale, move adds pressure for stadium deal, Star Tribune 4/19/12 5:44 a.m.