Morning Report 4/12/2012
Published: April 12,2012
Time posted: 10:02 am
- Voter ID battles often land in court 4/11/12 3:51 p.m.
- Race to take on Klobuchar heats up 4/11/12 3:52 p.m.
- Paper Trail: MN GOP internal financial memo 4/11/12 3:51 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Issues that should get more attention 4/11/12 3:24 p.m.
- Stephen B. Young: Bring back the Whigs 4/11/12 3:37 p.m.
- State fields design proposals for Capitol restoration 4/11/12 3:46 p.m.
- Kline reports more than $1 million in the bank 4/11/12 10:28 a.m.
- Clark reports $320k raised in first quarter 4/11/12 8:42 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- More on Klobuchar and the anti-marriage amendment, MN Publius
- Biden attends fundraiser for Klobuchar, Hot Dish Politics
- U.S. House incumbents Kline, Peterson flush with campaign cash, Hot Dish Politics
- Ellison fires back after West makes Communist allegation, Capitol View
- CD 2 DFL Candidates: Patrick Ganey, mnpACT!
- Terminated SCSU administrator blows whistle on President Potter, Let Freedom Ring
- KSTP’s disengenuous Jay Koll’s false equivalency smear of DFL over debt, MN Progressive Project
- If election integrity is the goal, how about voter suppression?, mnpACT!
- Minnesota House on wetlands: Drain, baby, drain!, Outdoor News
- Little bipartisan nuance day on the prairie: Tony Cornish and Collin Peterson get colorful, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Biden praises Sen. Klobuchar as a needed ally, Star Tribune 4/11/12 9:37 p.m.
- Tea Party groups expect largest Duluth rally yet, Duluth News Tribune 4/12/12 12:00 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Ellison, Progressive Caucus: West’s communism remarks McCarthy-esque, MinnPost 4/11/12 6:48 p.m.
- William Mitchell law faculty opposes marriage amendment, MPR
- UMN graduate-assistant union group accuses U of unfair election practices, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Silica sand dominates Red Wing discussion, Rochester Post-Bulletin 4/12/12 7:46 a.m.
- Willmar mosque permit approval forwarded for action Monday by City Council, West Central Tribune 4/12/12 12:00 a.m.
- Dems say GOP conducting ‘do nothing’ session, Mankato Free Press
- Legislation would make all Minnesota foster homes smoke free, AP 4/12/12 8:03 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Tina Liebling: Smoke-free foster care is common sense; state should act, MinnPost 4/12/12 5:00 a.m.
- Andy Cilek: With voter ID, state would be in compliance, Star Tribune 4/11/12 7:03 p.m.
- Beverly Luther: Another reason to reject the marriage amendment, Star Tribune 4/11/12 6:53 p.m.
- Justin E.A. Busch: A ballpark and the complexities of Lowertown, Pioneer Press 4/11/12 7:08 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: A troubling lack of candor from state agency, Star Tribune 4/11/12 7:52 p.m.
- Editorial: Retirement wave builds in Minnesota, and with opportunity for reform, Pioneer Press 4/11/12 7:07 p.m.
- Retiring baby boomers leave agency with ‘brain drain’, Pioneer Press 4/11/12 2:24 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Twins lift ban on chewing tobacco at Target Field, Star Tribune 4/11/12 7:37 p.m.
- Corporate watchdog group: Get rid of hospital McDonald’s restaurants, MPR
- Police: Gang members drive uptick in north Minneapolis robberies, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Rybak: City’s future depends on revitalizing North Side, Star Tribune 4/11/12 10:17 a.m.
- Rybak: To grow Mpls, focus on the north side, MPR
- With nary a stadium mention, Rybak address focuses on North Minneapolis, MinnPost 4/11/12 3:29 p.m.
- St. Paul’s Union Depot restoration nearing completion, Pioneer Press 4/11/12 7:39 p.m.