NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Former DFL Rep. Larry Haws dies 3/27/12 9:18 p.m.
- Koenen wins Senate District 20 DFL primary 3/27/12 10:07 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- St. Cloud loses a giant, Let Freedom Ring
- Senate GOP says lawsuit is delaying Michel ethics complaint, Capitol View
- No clarity on when Senate ethics committee may meet again, Hot Dish Politics
- Mining company describes ‘underground city’ in N. Minn. plans, Minnesota Brown
- District 57 GOP candidate field, mnpACT!
- Union workers blast amendments, Capitol View
- Lawmakers want to keep Facebook passwords private, Capitol Chatter
- With Democrats like these, Speed Gibson
- Future of amendment to Photo ID proposal in doubt, Hot Dish Politics
- Senate omnibus tax bill worsens state’s future revenue shortfall, MN Budget Bites
- Have to wonder why farmers vote Republican…, mnpACT!
- The never-ending story, Shot in the Dark
- Senjem introduces bills to fund Mayo Civic Center, veterans museum, Political Notebook
- Republicans opposed to shining the light on ALEC activities in Minnesota, MN Progressive Project
- Giddy freshmen Hoffman and Thompson goof off while Dibble offers Senate ALEC ID amendment, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- More room for data centers in Elk River, Finance and Commerce 3/27/12 2:59 p.m.
- Higher minority-hiring goal riles Minn. construction industry, Star Tribune 3/27/12 10:07 p.m.
- UnitedHealth rival is trying to win back military contract, Star Tribune 3/27/12 9:41 p.m.
- Local, state jobless rates look strong, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/27/12 2:41 p.m.
- Gay-marriage foes sought to split gays and blacks, AP
- Lyle Koenen wins DFL special primary, candidates now set for District 20 special election to fill Kubly’s seat, West Central Tribune 3/28/12 12:00 a.m.
- Short on cash, campaign board struggles to keep up, MPR
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Bachmann: ‘We are surrounded by those who benefit from socialism’, MinnPost 3/27/12 11:24 a.m.
- Inver Grove Heights voters reject levy increase to improve classroom technology, Pioneer Press 3/27/12 11:30 p.m.
- Minnesota moose will be hunted this fall, Pioneer Press 3/27/12 6:49 p.m.
- Minnesota regulators put off vote on haze reduction, Star Tribune 3/27/12 9:07 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Yellow Medicine County Board talks security concerns, Marshall Independent
- Appeals court restores Minnesota judicial election rules, AP 3/27/12 11:46 p.m.
- Source: Senate leaves Saints’ park out of $500 million bond bill, Pioneer Press 3/28/12 12:27 a.m.
- Legislators still seeking backup funding plan for Minnesota’s share of stadium costs, MinnPost 3/27/12 10:08 a.m.
- State Capitol repair bill heads to House floor, MPR
- $1M tacked on bonding bill to offset St. Croix bridge costs, Pioneer Press 3/28/12 12:28 a.m.
- Senate backs plan to sell fishing, hunting licenses during government shutdowns, Pioneer Press 3/27/12 12:47 p.m.
- Senate OKs sale of hunting, fishing licenses in shutdown, MPR
- Nelson bill linking principal evaluations to student peformance advances, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/27/12 8:44 a.m.
- House passes bill protecting event ticket resales, Pioneer Press 3/27/12 5:30 p.m.
- Legislators march into ticket thicket, Star Tribune 3/27/12 10:01 p.m.
- House passes Austin lawmaker’s child abuse bill, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/27/12 6:21 p.m.
- Ethics hearing on Michel postponed by Minnesota Senate president, Pioneer Press 3/27/12 8:41 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Jeanne Poppe: Hormel Institute expansion faces hurdles, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/27/12 7:15 a.m.
- Lori Sturdevant: Redistricting pits party mates — and genders, Star Tribune 3/27/12 8:10 p.m.
- Kurt Glaser: Traffic fines: State takes local revenue, Star Tribune 3/27/12 7:44 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Raise fees to bolster hunting, fishing, Star Tribune 3/27/12 7:59 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- David Proffitt, head of Minnesota Security Hospital, resigns at state’s request, MPR
- State fires security hospital’s director, Star Tribune 3/27/12 10:06 p.m.
- Volunteers sought to work at first-ever public dental clinic, Mankato Free Press
- Jury finds Mayo not negligent in suicide, AP
- Fridley’s cancer ‘cluster’ draws celebrity crusader, Star Tribune 3/28/12 6:53 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Vikings stadium drive still stalled in Senate, Star Tribune 3/27/12 9:49 p.m.