NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Denise Dittrich won’t seek a fifth term 3/26/12 12:31 a.m.
- Hornstein, Gruenhagen prevail in intra-party endorsement contests 3/24/12 4:26 p.m.
- Nora Slawik won’t seek re-election 3/24/12 6:12 p.m.
- Senate passes photo ID constitutional amendment 3/23/12 9:02 p.m.
- Adjournment fever pandemic strikes Capitol 3/23/12 3:59 p.m.
- Ron Paul acolytes a major force in 2012 GOP grass roots 3/23/12 4:00 p.m.
- House, Senate differ on land parcel at heart of Lessard-Sams bill 3/23/12 3:44 p.m.
- Senate panel deadlocks over Michel ethics complaint 3/23/12 3:54 p.m.
- David Strom: Minnesotans are good neighbors 3/23/12 3:40 p.m.
- Photos: The Week That Was at the Capitol 3/23/12 3:55 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Lanning fears pension plan too optimistic, Capitol Chatter
- SD53: Susan Kent running for Senate in Woodbury, MN Progressive Project
- It’s Franzen in four ballots!, The Cucking Stool
- Jim Carlson Wins Endorsement In Eagan/Burnsville SD 51, MN Progressive Project
- Jim Carlson’s organization wins District 51 endorsement, mnpACT!
- Four more join the list of legislative retirements, Hot Dish Politics
- 61A: Frank Hornstein vs. Marion Greene, MN Progressive Project
- Should voting laws be easy or straightforward?, Let Freedom Ring
- Franken seeks help in Asian carp fight, Capitol Chatter
- DFLers cry foul after Republicans abruptly cancel Ethics hearing, Capitol View
- Emmer: So what was that employee freedom thing all about?, True North
- The ethics of the Koch/Brodkorb affair examined, News Cut
- DIY: Stadium poll, Capitol View
- Senjem Op-Ed: Unable to recognize the source of his distractions, mnpACT!
- Needle found in haystack, Speed Gibson
- White Earth Band continues casino effort, Capitol Chatter
- Emo Senator: Quist letter writing tag team brings lucha libre moves to CD1 endorsement battle, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Cessna’s new business deal with Chinese company not a threat to Cirrus Aircraft, official says, Duluth News Tribune 3/25/12 7:46 a.m.
- Apartment rentals strong, bringing property tax increase, Pioneer Press 3/24/12 8:59 p.m.
- Olmsted County DFLers nominate Ohly, Moen, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/24/12 11:57 p.m.
- Northfield council member hopes to take on John Kline in 2nd District, Pioneer Press 3/24/12 5:24 p.m.
- Bachmann says McCain will help her retire $1M debt, MPR
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Family’s move puts Rep. Chip Cravaack in a political bind, Star Tribune 3/25/12 9:32 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Dayton seeks more info on URS Corp., MPR
- Stillwater bridge: Dayton, Walker meet along river to celebrate new span, Pioneer Press 3/23/12 11:15 p.m.
- Minneapolis teachers settlement: Details on tough issues still to come, MinnPost
- Like never before, teachers under scrutiny, Star Tribune 3/25/12 10:40 a.m.
- Deadlines for teacher contracts a point of debate, Pioneer Press 3/25/12 11:16 p.m.
- Metro, outstate parks squabble over Legacy cash, Star Tribune 3/25/12 2:34 a.m.
- Invasive species war spills into court, Star Tribune 3/25/12 2:33 a.m.
- Red Wing hosts river water quality forum, AP
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Zumbrota-Mazzeppa superintendent’s budget cuts include teaching, support positions, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/23/12 10:21 a.m.
- Contraception coverage foes in St. Paul protest federal health care law, Pioneer Press 3/23/12 1:18 p.m.
- Sides raise voices on health care reform law, WCCO 3/23/12 1:25 p.m.
- Twin Cities events show health care divide lives on, Pioneer Press 3/24/12 1:30 a.m.
- State: Health care law repeal would hit harder outside MN, MPR
- Voter ID amendment now one step from Minnesota ballot, Pioneer Press 3/23/12 11:14 p.m.
- Senate passes voter ID requirement, critics vow litigation, MPR
- Sen. Tom Bakk blasts back at Majority Leader Dave Senjem’s op-ed critique of DFL legislators, MinnPost
- Bill inspired by Dexter child abuse case gets a second chance, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/24/12 5:40 a.m.
- Senate panel fails to resolve complaint against GOP Sen. Geoff Michel, Pioneer Press 3/23/12 10:47 p.m.
- Hospitals, GOP object to state control in health program, Pioneer Press 3/24/12 10:33 p.m.
- DFL Rep. Nora Slawik to step down, Pioneer Press 3/25/12 11:15 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Betsy Hodges & Elizabeth Glidden: Stadium plan fated to fail from the start, Star Tribune 3/25/12 6:25 p.m.
- Lori Sturdevant: Same-day registration for voters is on the block, Star Tribune 3/25/12 6:11 a.m.
- Larry Dolphin: Fracking requires extensive environmental review, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/24/12 5:47 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Regional human services plan makes sense, Winona Daily News 3/25/12 12:15 a.m.
- Editorial: A rigged game on the Minnesota Vikings stadium, Pioneer Press 3/24/12 5:17 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Anoka-Hennepin School District responds to parents group’s demands, Star Tribune 3/25/12 12:16 a.m.
- MAC seeks study on links between jet noise, health, Star Tribune 3/24/12 10:12 p.m.
- Some drivers find that cash can make the ticket go away, Star Tribune 3/25/12 8:18 a.m.
- Supervised visits for children lack standards in Minnesota, Star Tribune 3/25/12 11:36 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Baby boom reshapes North Loop, Finance and Commerce 3/23/12 2:37 p.m.
- Feds file appeal of ruling on Central Corridor’s impact on businesses, Pioneer Press 3/25/12 11:04 a.m.
- Expanded ‘urban agriculture’ policy blossoming in Minneapolis, MinnPost 3/26/12 12:01 a.m.
- In Minneapolis, rush is on for ‘green’ trash bags, Star Tribune 3/25/12 9:05 p.m.
- Vikings stadium: Plan still seems stalled at Capitol, Pioneer Press 3/23/12 9:35 p.m.