NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Michael Brodkorb’s bitter fight with his former Senate employers goes public 3/16/12 2:11 p.m.
- Garofalo shift bill could be political gold 3/16/12 2:12 p.m.
- Voter ID amendment poised to pass both chambers 3/16/12 2:03 p.m.
- Photos: this week at the Capitol 3/16/12 2:04 p.m.
- Phil Krinkie: Legislators should go home 3/16/12 1:56 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Rep. Kalin: Vikings funding plan ‘held together with duct tape and bubble gum’, Let Freedom Ring
- Hey Big Spender, Hennepin County Taxpayer Watchdog
- District 57 Convention: Power play – the politics & the personal, mnpACT!
- Southwest ‘Lie’ Rail, Speed Gibson
- Path to end of 2012 Legislature is fuzzy, Capitol Chatter
- MNGOP may not have the votes for union-busting amendment, MN Publius
- Liberal myopia at the Star Tribune, Power Line
- Mary Franson looking to badger up Gopher State, Bluestem Prairie
- This is responsible education budgeting?, mnpACT!
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Lawmakers pitch ways to increase startup money, Finance and Commerce 3/16/12 3:36 p.m.
- Goodhue wind project developers still plan June construction start, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/16/12 10:03 a.m.
- Suss says he’s better prepared for seat at Capitol this time around, Marshall Independent
- Brown County Republican Convention foreshadows GOP campaigns, New Ulm Journal
- Rick Santorum wins Minnesota’s GOP caucus but not its cash, Star Tribune 3/19/12 5:15 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Sen. Klobuchar welcomes home troops in Brainerd, WCCO 3/18/12 5:42 p.m.
- Bringing both sides to the table, Marshall Independent
- Franklin, MN, an unlikely biomass test kitchen, West Central Tribune 3/19/12 12:00 a.m.
- ACMC lease issue taken to court, Marshall Independent
- Capitol affairs are in Michael Brodkorb’s cross hairs, Star Tribune 3/15/12 11:23 p.m.
- Minnesota legislators tread softly around possible Brodkorb lawsuit, AP 3/17/12 8:49 p.m.
- Michael Brodkorb raises the stakes for GOP, MinnPost
- Ugly cloud hangs over Capitol, puts Legislature in bad light, senator says, Marshall Independent
- State Rep. John Kriesel explains why he’s leaving Legislature, MinnPost
- Zip Rail faces steep legislative climb, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/17/12 7:58 a.m.
- Iron Range board transparency measure clears hurdle in Minnesota House, Duluth News Tribune 3/19/12 12:00 a.m.
- Plan to curb welfare seen as reform – or cruelty, Star Tribune 3/18/12 10:19 a.m.
- Huntley to run for 11th state House term, Duluth News Tribune 3/17/12 12:00 a.m.
- Senjem offers his bonding predictions, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/19/12 8:00 a.m.
- Rep. Kriesel: ‘My kids don’t want me to run for re-election’, MPR
- Nelson’s digital learning bill advances, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/16/12 8:46 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Joe Soucheray: 45 mph freeway suits St. Paul just fine, thank you, Pioneer Press 3/17/12 10:28 p.m.
- Lori Sturdevant: Can one color outside lines at the Capitol?, Star Tribune 3/17/12 4:23 p.m.
- Steve Kolar: A proper approach to treating cancer, Star Tribune 3/18/12 6:16 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Public pension reform gains momentum, Pioneer Press 3/17/12 5:13 p.m.
- Editorial: Worthy attention to north river corridor, Star Tribune 3/18/12 6:14 p.m.
- John Cowles Jr. left his mark on Minneapolis arts and culture, Pioneer Press 3/18/12 10:25 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Willmar showing the way to a more diverse Minnesota, MPR
- Minnesota seniors facing a spike in long-term care cost, Star Tribune 3/19/12 5:29 a.m.
- Bullying task force to meet for first time, KSTP 3/19/12 8:14 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Kriesel says Vikes stadium won’t happen, WCCO 3/18/12 10:00 p.m.
- Vikings stadium turning into legislative hot potato, Pioneer Press 3/16/12 10:09 p.m.
- Rival Vikings stadium bill takes step forward in Senate, Pioneer Press 3/16/12 10:07 p.m.
- Zellers calls deadline least of stadium bill snags, AP