NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Republican Sen. Chris Gerlach to retire 3/12/12 4:26 p.m.
- Lyle Koenen to run in Senate special election 3/12/12 5:05 p.m.
- Dayton supplemental budget aims at health care, jobs 3/12/12 11:37 a.m.
- Right-to-work constitutional amendment passes through Senate committee 3/12/12 11:26 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Lt Gov. Prettner Solon, Former Candidate Fanning Endorse Rick Nolan for Congress, MN Progressive Project
- Gerlach not running for reelection, Capitol View
- Government teaching kids how to garden – Part II, Hennepin County Taxpayer Watchdog
- ‘Right to work’ dances around Jobs, The Cucking Stool
- MN-8 DFLers on Almanac portend delicate chess match, Minnesota Brown
- Rep. Thissen: longterm debt key to creating jobs, Let Freedom Ring
- Will Legislature authorize secret spying?, Open Secrets
- Jon Tevlin: Waterboy for the narrative, Shot in the Dark
- Reframing Minnesota’s moronic ballot questions, The Same Rowdy Crowd
- Governor Dayton’s supplemental budget focuses on fixes, MN Budget Bites
- Beard, Lohmer & Kiffmeyer acumen pays off with investment in Bixby Energy System securities, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Xcel Energy asks customers to cover private jets, AP
- Minnesota Department of Revenue reaches 1 million e-filers, Alexandria Echo Press 3/13/12 12:00 a.m.
- Big Stone County man files in special election for district 20 state senate, West Central Tribune 3/12/12 12:26 p.m.
- University of Minnesota, Mayo project wins biotech grant, Finance and Commerce 3/12/12 6:39 p.m.
- Northfield may be state’s second PACE city, Finance and Commerce 3/12/12 4:20 p.m.
- Officials press plan for closing Minneapolis lock to thwart Asian carp, AP 3/12/12 6:38 p.m.
- Upper St. Anthony lock touted as Asian carp blocker, MPR
- Some Ojibwe tribal members object to wolf hunting, trapping, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Minneota council votes to cut police force, Marshall Independent
- City of Winona may OK frac-sand moratorium today, Winona Daily News 3/13/12 12:00 a.m.
- Alexandria scraps idea of local sales tax, Alexandria Echo Press 3/13/12 7:30 a.m.
- Right-to-work bill advances on split vote, Alexandria Echo Press 3/12/12 4:48 p.m.
- Minnesota unions throng Capitol; “Right to Work” bill passes Senate panel, Pioneer Press 3/12/12 7:07 p.m.
- National union fight comes to Capitol, AP 3/12/12 11:00 a.m.
- Primary to be held as two DFL’ers file to serve remainder of Kubly’s state senate term, West Central Tribune 3/12/12 12:54 p.m.
- Koenen will run for Kubly’s seat in special election, Marshall Independent
- Senate panel takes up fishing license fees, AP
- Minnesota bill cuts environmental review for Magnetation plant, Duluth News Tribune 3/12/12 12:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Urban Homeworks rehabs housing, hires and trains the needy, Finance and Commerce 3/12/12 3:28 p.m.
- Veterans home proposed for Bemidji, Session Daily
- Kandiyohi sheriff: Next gen 911 is big deal, West Central Tribune 3/13/12 12:00 a.m.
- Stadium bill lands with a thud at Capitol, MPR
- State routinely trumps city charters, MPR
- Sen. Julie Rosen: ‘Best stadium bill … ever’, MPR
- Diverse crowd on hand in Willmar as officials discuss statewide biking opportunities, West Central Tribune 3/13/12 12:00 a.m.