NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Marriage amendment donor bases a study in contrasts 2/1/12 4:33 p.m.
- Majorities press for more permitting changes 2/1/12 4:30 p.m.
- Legislative caucuses: They’re in the money 2/1/12 4:27 p.m.
- Freed from ruling, cities again grant variances 2/1/12 4:15 p.m.
- David Schultz: Whose Republican Party is it, anyway? 2/1/12 4:13 p.m.
- Stephen B. Young: Chickens coming home to roost 2/1/12 4:09 p.m.
- Chuck Slocum: Go forth and caucus 2/1/12 3:59 p.m.
- Capitol 10: The hopes for session 2/1/12 3:57 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- MnPublius still denies voter fraud happens, Let Freedom Ring
- Walz to attempt to force House vote on STOCK Act, Capitol View
- Sen. Klobuchar’s mediocre opponents are not really very good at fund raising, MN Progressive Project
- Minnesota Senate’s responsibility, Gov. Dayton’s temper tantrum, Let Freedom Ring
- Anoka-Hennepin teacher, school board member to run for MN Senate, Capitol View
- Right to Work – The Real Income Story, mnpACT!
- Rule by complaint, Shot in the Dark
- Examining Lake Elmo, News Cut
- Cornish shares gallows humor with DFL colleagues via publically-funded email system, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Warfare between Dayton and GOP lawmakers threatens business community’s agenda, MinnPost 2/2/12 8:14 a.m.
- Minnesota’s Fiscal Disparity tax redistribution explained, MPR
- Target’s key revenue metric rises 4.3 percent, AP 2/2/12 7:49 a.m.
- Ballot groups report marriage amendment fundraising tallies, MPR
- More than $2 million raised for and against same-sex marriage-ban amendment, MinnPost 2/1/12 10:52 a.m.
- Romney visits Eagan with a front-runner’s message: Defeat Obama, Pioneer Press 2/1/12 11:20 p.m.
- Romney Gets Glittered at Rally in Eagan, KSTP 2/1/12 4:18 p.m.
- State GOP Chair says Minnesota’s caucuses will influence presidential race, MPR
- Minnesota congressional incumbents report a huge financial edge, MinnPost 2/1/12 9:35 a.m.
- Anoka-Hennepin teacher, opposed to schools’ new sexual-orientation discussion policy, says he’s running for Minnesota Senate, Pioneer Press 2/1/12 5:21 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Walz looks to force House action on the STOCK Act, MinnPost 2/1/12 2:20 p.m.
- City of St. Paul to remove 500 more ash trees in ash borer war, Pioneer Press 2/2/12 1:07 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Higher taxes for 7 metro counties under disparities proposal, MPR
- Group of community members to seek police chief, St. Cloud Times 2/2/12 12:04 a.m.
- Inver Grove Heights school district justified in letting principal go, Minnesota Supreme Court rules, Pioneer Press 2/2/12 1:07 a.m.
- After one year in office, Rep. John Kriesel challenges image of conventional legislator, South Washington County Bulletin 2/1/12 8:52 a.m.
- Voter ID opposition gets vocal, AP 2/2/12 12:00 a.m.
- Opponents of Voter ID amendment pack Senate hearing, MPR
- Bipartisan agreement on energy conservation has disappeared at the state capitol, MPR
- House DFLers add aid for jobless and small business to plan, Pioneer Press 2/1/12 9:50 p.m.
- House DFLers push jobs agenda, MPR
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Minnesota readies for grass-roots democracy, Pioneer Press 2/1/12 7:03 p.m.
- Start wolf hunts with low quotas, St. Cloud Times 2/2/12 12:26 a.m.
- Former Sartell chief Jerry O’Driscoll remembered for good works, St. Cloud Times 2/1/12 3:28 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Minneapolis’ first citizens’ redistricting map seeks to increase minority council wards, MinnPost 2/1/12 10:06 a.m.
- Pulltabs could generate $72 million for Vikings stadium, AP 2/1/12 7:17 a.m.