NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Lillie rising in Senate GOP ranks 2/17/12 3:24 p.m.
- A stable budget and redistricting preoccupations leave the session’s endpoint in limbo 2/17/12 3:23 p.m.
- Photos of the Week at the Capitol 2/17/12 3:22 p.m.
- Dayton’s State of the State was brief, familiar — and hospitable toward the GOP Legislature 2/17/12 3:17 p.m.
- Phil Krinkie: What happened to ‘Not a Penny More’? 2/17/12 3:09 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- The Right To Work, Shot in the Dark
- Lessons from Blackwell and Finland: Equity is the Superior Growth Model, Growth & Justice
- Negotiators aiming for Tuesday stadium deal, Capitol View
- The map is dead; long live the map, Minnesota Brown
- The Governor’s State of the State Address, Rep. Bruce Vogel
- GOP Leg: Time to burn the no tax pledge, mnpACT!
- I went to a union pep fest and a townhall meeting broke out, Let Freedom Ring
- More truth, less ‘truthiness’ needed in St. Croix River Boondoggle Bridge debate, Ripple in Stillwater
- Tom Dennis of the Grand Forks Herald drinks purple Kool-Aid, The Deets
- Protecting shareholder rights: The case for the Minnesota Shareholder Freedom of Choice Amendment, Schultz’s Take
- The Ghost of Town Halls Future? Chip Cravaack to hold meeting in Royalton Tuesday night, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Investments accelerate in Angel Tax Credit program, Finance and Commerce 2/17/12 4:43 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Bachmann expected to announce new HMO legislation, KSTP 2/19/12 10:02 p.m.
- Legislators split vote on payroll tax, MPR
- St. Paul school was saved – but now it has to recruit students, Pioneer Press 2/19/12 10:14 p.m.
- Deputy Labor secretary to tour Hennepin Technical College, MinnPost
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Mount frac: Jobs, trucks and dust are part of Life near Winona’s Second Street frac sand pile, Winona Daily News 2/19/12 12:00 a.m.
- Zellers prepares bill to close sex offender notification gap, MPR
- Senjem floats idea of special stadium session, AP
- Senate GOP doesn’t plan campaign brochure hearing, AP
- Sen. Miller, wife welcome new baby, Winona Daily News 2/18/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Lori Sturdevant: The pitter-patter of bipartisan feet?, Star Tribune 2/18/11 4:15 p.m.
- David C. Olson: Legislation gives Minn. a fresh start in the classroom, St. Cloud Times 2/18/12 11:05 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: A voting solution in search of a problem, Star Tribune 2/19/12 5:47 p.m
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Twin Cities prosecutors taking steps to improve courthouse security, Star Tribune 2/19/12 8:00 p.m.
- New battle lines: Minnesota political redistricting maps out Tuesday, Pioneer Press 2/18/12 10:31 p.m.